If you suffer from sensitive teeth with sharp pains that worsen with pressure on the exposed tooth or when drinking hot or cold beverages, the office of Paul J Rubenstein can help give you the relief you need. Our knowledgeable dentist will get to the bottom of this painful condition and provide you with an effective treatment plan.
Sensitive/painful teeth can be the result of a number of underlying dental problems. Some possible causes include:
- Worn tooth enamel from brushing aggressively
- Tooth erosion due to consuming too much highly acidic food and drink
- Worn leaky fillings, tooth decay, or broken teeth that expose the dentin of your tooth
- Receding gums that leave your root surface exposed
- Nighttime teeth grinding
- Post dental treatment sensitivity. This is common but temporary, especially with procedures like crowns, fillings and tooth bleaching.
After our dentist determines the reason for your sensitivity, he will treat the underlying cause. Treatment may be as simple as replacing a worn filling or fixing a cavity. However, if your tooth pain stems from gum loss exposing root surfaces, Dr. Paul J Rubenstein may suggest some form of periodontal treatment, which may include a gum graft.
To learn more about how to prevent and treat tooth pain in Spring Hill, Florida, please contact our office at 352-200-2327.