Your oral health care comes with many facets, including the foods you eat, the lifestyle habits you keep, and the care received from your dentist. Only when all aspects are working together can your smile shine as intended. In addition, it is important to make sure you are protecting your smile from oral accidents or injuries that can arise to ensure it’s not damaged in the future, including the following tips:
– Speak with your dentist to set up professional cleanings and oral examinations.
– Seek out products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which is given to products that have displayed safe and effective methods for producing the effects for which they are intended.
– Stay away from hazardous products such as sugary drinks, hard candies, and chewy sweets.
– Avoid potentially dangerous tooth hazards such as mouth jewelry.
– Use cleaning utensils that are recommended or suggested by your dentist.
– Only use teeth whitening products and systems that have been recommended by your dentist, as others can lead to bleached gums and tooth enamel decay.
– If you are involved with sports or other high-risk activities, always wear effective safety gear, including mouth guards, face masks, and helmets.
– If you have a mouth guard, always make sure to wash it daily to keep it from wearing down or failing.
Dr. Paul J Rubenstein and our team would love to see you at our dentist office in Spring Hill, Florida. Our dentist at Paul J Rubenstein can help you find which oral health care treatment will work best for you. To set up an appointment, please call us at 352-200-2327.